Kihuen Says He’s Not Leaving
Congressman Rubén Kihuen (D-NV) responded to calls for him to step down amid sexual misconduct allegations with a resounding no. "I do find it interesting that the [Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee], Leader [Nancy] Pelosi and Chairman Ben Ray Lujan — they knew about these allegations last year," Kihuen said, according to ABC News on Tuesday. "They looked into them. They didn't find anything, and they continued investing millions of dollars in my campaign. They went out there and campaigned for me," he said. The DCCC reportedly spent at least $3.15 million on Kihuen's campaign in 2016. The Congressman said he is not resigning and plans on "continuing the job that I was elected to do." Meanwhile, his Chief of Staff sent an email to Capitol Hill colleagues with the résumés of seven aides who work in Kihuen's DC office. The email, obtained by CNN, read, "I'm hoping to place them all here pretty quickly in other offices. If you have openings or you hear of any, I would appreciate your help making those connections." The message sparked speculation about Kihuen’s future in Congress but now that the Congressman has made it clear he’s not leaving, perhaps the staffers will stay put.More here.