So is it us or did that James Comey testimony read like a cross between a House of Cardsscreenplay and a John Grisham novel? But you know how it goes. The book is always better than the movie. So, as all of DC scatters across war rooms, bars, and sofas to play whatever drinking games as you watch this testimony, send us your pics! Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org. By the way -- Happy Global Hip-Hop Day! That's right! On June 8th, we celebrate the global and cultural impact of the genre that was started some 40 years ago. How do we think Trump is acknowledging the day? Maybe listening to 99 Problems on repeat while angrily social media stalking Barack Obama, James Comey, Hillary, and Melania? Anywho, a shout out to Kurtis Blow, Rakim, Sugar Hill Gang, Blondie, Salt 'N Pepa, Beastie Boys, Slick Rick, LL Cool J, RUN DMC, and all the other pioneers. With that, here’s what we’ve got as we countdown to Friday:
- In "no he didn't" news, Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) shut down questioning from Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA).
- SXSW may have to find a new home if Senators Bob Menéndez (D-NJ) and Catherine Cortez Masto (D-CA) have anything to say about it.
- What do you get when you connect Ta-Nehisi Coates and Michael B. Jordan? The Wrong Answer.
- Trump who? That's what Hawaii's governor said when he signed that Paris Climate Accord.
- Want to see Barack and Michelle Obama, Muhammad Ali, Harriet Tubman, andPrince? We got you!
- Souljah Boy Tell 'Em: Black Troops treated unfairly.
- Check out The Beat on iTunes!
- See who we throw it back with this Thursday!