The GOP has scheduled a vote on their longtime mission to repeal Obamacare. Learning from past mistakes, this signals they think they have the votes to pass the controversial plan. If they succeed, the bill moves to the Senate, where passing it won't be so easy. Eyes will surely be glued to the House floor today as this vote is sure to come down to the wire as the White House is desperate for a win. Here's what we've got for you this Thursday:
- CBC Chair Congressman Cedric Richmond (D-LA) releases a statement on the Alton Sterling case.
- President Barack Obama releases plans for the Obama Presidential Center.
- NAFOA elects an all-female board.
- SCOTUS Justice Sonia Sotomayor gets interrupted the most.
- There was almost another Mrs. Obama?!
- If confirmed, Jovita Carranza will be the seventh Latina U.S. Treasurer.
- Could the country have five governors of color?