The Sunday night bipartisan deal to fund the government through September does not include any money for the border wall, continues to fund Planned Parenthood, includes $2 billion in new money for the NIH, and increases defense spending by $25 billion over current levels. Here's what's kicking off Monday:
- This is Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage month!
- Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) announces her retirement.
- A Latina is tapped for U.S. Treasurer.
- Richard Branson has late-night cocktails with the Obamas on Friday.
- Police killings spike among Native Americans.
- CBC Chair Congressman Cedric Richmond (D-LA) probes AG Jeff Sessions and the DOJ about the Alton Sterling killing.
- BET joins forces with Black Twitter.