Days before he was fired, FBI Director James Comey requested more resources for the bureau’s investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election. Trump insists that the firing has nothing to do with Russia. Okay. Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe will testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee today. But the Intel panel still wants to hear from Comey. He has been invited to testify next Tuesday in a closed-door session. The Beat’s Jamal Simmons breaks all this down with former Deputy AG Elliott Williams below. Check out the video. Meanwhile, the battle over healthcare is still brewing. We’ll keep our eyes on the Senate as the bill heads to the upper chamber. Here's what's up for today:
- Bethune-Cookman was not having any of Betsy DeVos. Check out the video below.
- The John Oliver vs. the FCC battle heats up.
- Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) wants farmworkers to gain legal status.
- Want to have breakfast with Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal (D-WA)? RSVP below in FOMO.
- The Trump admin just hired a Sharia Law crusader.
- TBT to VRA -- it may be making a comeback.
- Black grad students at Harvard are doing their own thing.
- Now that the country seems to have a scandal every day, there's really no need for a TV show of the same name. Prepare to say farewell to Olivia Pope.
- What do Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) have in common? Both could potentially end up in the White House. Read on...