The inevitable Senate showdown kicks into high gear as the GOP readies to do away with the 60 vote threshold, forever changing Senate rules. The certainty appears to be this -- Judge Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to SCOTUS, and his place on the high court will definitely impact communities of color.
Donald Trump will meet with HUD Secretary Dr. Ben Carson today at 4:30P. Russia continues to be a looming dark cloud that has stretched from the White House to Obama’s National Security Advisor Susan Rice. More on that below. The House has its first votes around 2:15P today and last votes around 5P. The Senate got started at 10A with a planned noon vote on Elaine Duke, DHS Deputy Secretary nominee. Here's what we have for your Tuesday morning read:
- Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) plugs free college for all. We've got the video.
- Michelle Obama goes natural!
- NYT's editorial board loses only woman of color to ACLU
- Mary J. Blige was honored by Silicon Valley in DC last night
- Actress Sharon Stone records a rap to pay homage to Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA). Do we have it? You know we got you! Read on...