Just moments ago, House Intelligence Chair Devin Nunes (R-CA) said he would temporarily step aside as head of the Committee's ongoing investigation into Russian involvement in the U.S. elections.
Today in the Senate, the countdown to the nuclear option has begun. The GOP majority is expected to push the button killing the filibuster for SCOTUS nominees which will irrevocably alter democracy in Congress. The showdown gets started at 11A when senators vote to end debate onJudge Neil Gorsuch's nomination. The vote requires the support of 60 senators. They are expected to fall short. The final vote won’t happen until tomorrow.
The House is in at 9A with votes at 10. Spring break kicks off tomorrow. Here's what we have for you today:
- Hispanicize wraps up in Miami
- Chance the Rapper for Mayor?
- DHS meets with Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus
- Omarosa says Yes to the Dress
- Will Congress soon welcome its only Korean member?