Republicans were victorious in a Kansas special election for a House seat vacated by Mike Pompeo, the new CIA Director. GOP candidate State Treasurer Ron Estes will head to DC, winning a much tighter race than expected. Now all eyes are on Georgia where Democrat Jon Ossoff is leading in the April 18th contest to replace HHS Secretary Tom Price against a crowded field of GOP candidates.
Turns out, the FBI and the DOJ were targeting Trump advisor Carter Page who is under investigation over the possibility of being an agent of Russia. Still no proof of Trump's unfounded wiretapping claims against President Obama despite some major spin effort from the Oval Office. Enjoy recess. The threat of a government shutdown awaits.
Here's what's on deck for the midweek read:
- Barack Obama heads back to the political arena!
- DOJ focuses on undocumented
- Keystone Pipeline jobs claims spark questions from Native American groups
- CBC Member mourns her father
- Muslim shareholder activism — it's a thing
- Shonda Rhimes and Donald Trump — it's a scandal!